"It's not about perfect. It's about effort.
And when you bring that effort every single day, that's where transformation happens.
That's how change occurs."
Morning all! How was your weekend?
Mine was quite the whirlwind- three cookouts in three different cities- all the way from Delaware to Winchester!
I did get in a little workout, though! I enjoyed the most glorious four-mile run on Saturday morning, where I snapped the above photo of the World War II memorial and saw this beautiful beam of light shining on our nation's monument in DC.
It felt great to run again. I haven't been running much this year. After the marathon (and some IT band issues), I knew I needed some time off, but I didn't expect to take this much time! It's been about a year and a half! It was nice to know I still had it in me, though, to run my favorite route: from Iwo Jima to the Lincoln Memorial and back. Wanna know a secret? As I run, I often daydream about leading a group of fit brides with me! Maybe one day!
I want to transition to talk a little about the May-ke it Happen challenge. I'm really proud of my efforts this month to meal prep and workout on the weekends, and overall, I'm going to give myself a B, because I stuck to my meal plan 80 percent of the time and worked out 3 out of the 4 weekends in the month.
However, as you can see from the orange highlighted areas, I didn't stick to a meal plan 100 percent of the time. (I'm learning that's impossible!)
I have to say that this past month was one of the first times in my whole entire life that I felt like this healthy-living thing was truly my lifestyle... and even with several slip-ups this past weekend (holidays really are the hardest time to eat clean!), I feel really good about where I am today!
As I think back on this past month, I realize that it's not about perfect. It's about effort. Effort pays off-- maybe not in a huge way, right away, but in little triumphs along the way.
In that spirit, here is a list of my little triumphs this month; most of which were documented on Instagram:
- *My first time making protein pancakes (and a slew of other new recipes).
- *Falling in love with eggs, avocado, and sriracha (that happened this past weekend).
- *Ordering oatmeal at Ihop and realizing, I don't miss the french toast combo! (THIS WAS A BIGGIE!)
- *Not beating myself up for a few bits of dark chocolate... each night.
- *Planking it out while videotaping myself to get some cool insta-photos (which everyone seemed to love)!
- *Meal prepping breakfast for my in-laws. They love the egg white casserole!
- *Going from Whole Foods to the kitchen to serving spaghetti squash Friday night!
- (And realizing there's no other way I'd rather spend my evening!)
- Fitting into a pair of work pants I got for Christmas that were too tight before! (That happened today!)
One other big triumph I have to mention is the fact that I logged in MyFitnessPal EVERYDAY this weekend-- the good, bad, and ugly. That's such a great feeling y'all.
Progress, not perfection, right?
Tell me what you learned this month!
Were you able to stick to your commitments, even partially?
I'd love to hear about it!