Hey friends! I hope you're enjoying the weekend! I know it's kinda late but I wanted to pop in and share my March goals! I didn't get a chance to blog them last Saturday because I was really busy and then really sick, but I'm feeling a lot better now and I'm ready to restart this month! My goals are focused on working smarter, not harder and taking timeouts for myself to rest and recharge. First up: 1. Take Social Media Breaks- It's no secret I'm obsessed with Instagram. I post several times a day and I use it to promote the blog. It's fun getting a lot of "likes" on my pictures, but it's not fun continuously checking my phone. I had a great conversation with my husband about this on Friday night and he agrees it's easy to get caught up in our cyber world and miss out on real life. We all need time away from technology to rest and recharge, too. I've read some great testimonials about unplugging from my favorite bloggers (Love Taza, Rhiannon, Lara Casey), and figured it was time I give it a try! It's been tough so far (not gonna lie), but it's also been great!
2. Stay Consistent on the Blog- I have Karyle to thank for this! She helped me write out a schedule for the blog (Transformation Tuesdays, Wedding Wednesday, Fashion Friday) and so far, the rhythm is great! I'd really like to keep it up through the month (the year!) and I hope you enjoy the consistency. I know I'll enjoy feeling prepared, organized, and on topic!
3. Declutter- There's no better time to declutter than before a move and we're moving in April! We also haven't purged since we gave our apartment a makeover (last year!), so we're way overdue. I want to get rid of a lot of clothes, purses and junk we don't use. Simplifying feels good and I am going to embrace it this month!
4. Do the Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred- I started Jillian's 30 Day Shred yesterday and I love it! I'm a huge Jillian fan and I really like the 3-2-1 circuits. It will be a challenge to do the workout everyday, but that's kind the point, right? So often I take a day (or whole weekend!) off and it hinders me! Our 2-year wedding anniversary is about 30 days, too, so that's my goal!
A review of last month's goals-a
1. Meal planning- I followed my meal plan to a T the first week of February, but then I fell off the wagon. I would like for (healthy) meal planning to come more naturally, and not just be something I do one week a month. This goal is ongoing. 2. Study for the NASM certification- I have started studying for the National Academy of Sports Medicine Personal Training Certificate, but I haven't scheduled my exam and I feel like I have A LOT left to learn. This is definitely an ongoing goal too.
3. Host some giveaways on the blog- I hosted two giveaways! Woo hoo! I've also partnered with Bride Click and as part of their ad network, I hope to run more contests and giveaways. 4. Blog schedule & wedding content- As mentioned above, I finally figured out an editorial calendar that is helping me determine when to post what content. I love it! I also partnered with Two Bright Lights and featured my first full-length engagement photos! :) 5. Try Crossfit- It was awesome! You can read about it here. Aaron and I said we're going to look for a box to join after we move.
Feel free to comment with what your goals are this month. I'd love to hear them!