The title of this post was originally, April Abs Challenge: Ready, Set, Go!, but then life took over this weekend (as it usually does) and I did not have time to get an April calendar, let alone a full post, ready! Aaron and I have been really busy and on the go a lot lately... In fact, we were only home one weekend the entire month of March! I try not to delve into my personal life too much here (I have Sincerely-Sara for that), but sometimes it's impossible to avoid, especially when life gets in the way of workouts and blogging, the stuff that keeps Fit for a Bride in business! This was one of those months: we traveled to Williamsburg twice, Winchester once, moved his sister, his parents, and now, this week, it's our turn to move. Here's a peak at our new place:
I'm really excited about moving because I like change and I love decorating. I also hope that moving will allow us to turn over a new leaf. I read somewhere yesterday that Easter is a time of renewal, which is definitely a theme in the following-- my April goals.
1. Early mornings. I just started reading A Virtuous Woman and absolutely love it. Friday's message (part of the Chaos to Calm series) really hit home with me when I read it today, as I woke up late this morning, exhausted, frustrated, and not at all ready for April 1st! I hope to do better in our new place and the fact that my commute time is being cut in half should help!
2. Meal planning. I have been downright awful about grocery shopping and cooking lately. We've been eating out a lot, probably because we've been so busy and my husband has gotten into this bad habit of not eating at work at all! (He's busy and cannot leave his desk... this makes me feel like an awful wife for not sending him to work with something, or having something prepared at night)! It's going to be tricky to get into a good routine with meals, but I'm up for the challenge. As of now, my plan is to grocery shop Sunday (and if there's no time then, do it Monday) and get what I need to feed us the entire week.
3. A Virtuous Wife. As mentioned above, reading this blog has been eye-opening. I've struggled for years to put into a place a system of reading the bible and having devotionals. We were going to couple's bible study all last year, but with our busy schedules, we recently retired from the group. Since I love blogging and reading blogs so much, this seems like a good fit for me. I am going to try to keep up with the readings and partake in the challenges as often as I can this month.
4. Continue my at-home workouts. A few friends (weddingbees and coworkers) are doing the 30 Day Shred through April. As you know, I started it last month, but I would love to keep doing it. I haven't seen much of a difference on the scale, but there have been several other benefits. Namely,
- I fit into a pair of pants I bought last September and have never worn previously (because they were too tight and uncomfortable). They're a size 8. Woo hoo!
- Working out at home is easy. It feels effortless! I don't have to worry about what to wear, or whether to even where shoes! I just get to workout! I love that!
- More joy. Working out is fun for me, and doing it more often has made me happier.
- It's a confidence boost to get home at 8:30 p.m., when I come home from a long day (or from out of town) and do the tape. It makes me feel good to stick to my goals, even when it isn't convenient!
5. Blog Maintenance. There's a million and one things I need to do that have to do with this blog. Fix broken links. Send emails. Get the ball rolling on some bigger projects. The list never ends. I would really like to take intentional time to work on these things, rather than try to squeeze them in my schedule!
6. NASM. This is going to be a hard one, but it's gotta happen. My test is in two months. May 25th. Despite everything else that I want to do, this really needs to be my prioroty. I'll keep you posted. I read recently that you make time for what truly matters to you... This matters. I need to make the time.
A review of last month's goals:
1. Take Social Media Breaks. I did this and it was absolutely wonderful, but I haven't been consistent. I only did it for one full weekend. I didn't instagram much this past weekend, but I still popped on to look at what everyone else posted. I think this weekend will be a good time to take another serious break. 2. Stay Consistent on the Blog. 3. Declutter. This is happening THIS week as we move. It's SO awesome and feels FANTASTIC. I've already gotten rid of half of my old shoes, and I'm preparing for a major overhaul of my clothes this weekend! 4. Do the Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred. I'm going to keep doing this through April. See goal #4 above.
Just for fun, here's a look at some of my decorating inspiration for the move! I cannot wait to go shopping and then spend some quality time at home nesting! You can also check out my Pinterest board "New Apartment!" if you're interesetd. I loooooove this stuff!
We should be moved in by this Saturday, so next Monday I hope to have a few of the actual space coming together!
Do you make big plans for how you'll life will be when you move?
Do you love decorating?
What are your goals this month?