My sweet tooth is my biggest problem. I love vegetables and generally, I do pretty well staying away from sodas and greasy foods, but if there's cake around... cookies... chocolate... it's hard for me to resist! Over the years, whether I was trying to lose weight or maintain my weight, I found a few go-to items that helped me overcome my sweet tooth, at least for awhile. Now, I'm not saying all these things are "healthy." It's pretty well-known "sugar-free" usually indicates the use of aspartame, which is certainly not healthy (and is actually quite scary), but I believe that in moderation, these sweets can sometimes come in handy!
1. Weight Watchers Ice Cream Cups: My husband loves Haagen Dazs ice cream and he keeps a pint of vanilla bean in our freezer at all times. He'll pull it out after dinner, take a few bites, and then put it back. It usually lasts for several weeks. If I had a pint, it wouldn't last a single night! That's why these cups are so great- they're a single serving!
2. Skinny Cow Dreamy Clusters: Around 3 p.m. almost everyday, my sweet tooth beckons! I usually head around the hall to a coworker's office to raid the candy jar, but these dreamy clusters are much more satisfying and decadent!
3. Fruit: This one might seem obvious, but I wanted to include it anyway. Fruit is the single best thing you can have on hand to kick your sweet tooth, and it's much better for you than anything else listed here. I'm much less likely to raid the aforementioned candy jar if I'd thought ahead and brought a little Ziploc of strawberries or pineapple to work for that afternoon sweet craving. Same goes for at home, after dinner!
4. Wrigley's Extra Dessert Gum: These are awesome and there are a lot of great flavors, including one I recently tried: apple pie, which actually tastes just like apple pie!
5. Fruit Tea Sampler: This one is great if you can convince yourself you don't need something to eat! I like to add a half of a packet of truvia or a little agave nectar to these teas, and they are sweet and delicious! They're great for evenings, when you're ready to unwind anyway and if it's not enough alone, try pairing it with some fresh fruit.
6. Fiber One Brownies: These guys are dangerous, I'm not going to lie! They taste great, but they aren't all that satisfying. Every time I eat one, I want another one! I'm not sure if that has to do with the size or what, but for 90 calories, they aren't bad!
7. Endangered Species Dark Chocolate with Raspberries: Thisismyfavoritechocolateinalltheworld! I LOVE it! It's 72% cocoa, which as you may know, is good for you! Half of this entire bar is about 200 calories and the profits from your purchase of it support endangered animals habitat and humanity!
8. Dark Chocolate Jell-O: These are very decadent and great if you love dark chocolate (which I do)! They're only 60 calories, and they definitely satisfy chocolate cravings!
9. Skinny Cow Truffle Ice Cream: I'm completely obsessed with this ice cream and I try my damnedest to reserve 100 calories to be able to enjoy it after dinner, as often as possible! I do not understand how it is only 100 calories, as it tastes DELICIOUS!
10. Chobani Flips: OK, I haven't tried these yet, but how could they be bad? You guys already know I love chobani--greek yogurt is SO satisfying-- add amazing flavors like chocolate, raspberry, and coconut toppings? WHAT! Sounds fabulous! Bravo, Chobani. You've done it again!
OK, now it's your turn! Share your favorite low-calorie sweets in the comments! Can't wait to hear them!