Easter always marks the real start to spring in my opinion. You know when you say, whether it's warm or not, I'm wearing flip flops dammit! Yep, I'm right there with you! Such is the reason I thought today would be the perfect time to fill you in on my spring capsule.
I shared that the transition is the best part of having a capsule - purging and shopping to settle on a smart selection of items has been so fun!
Spring Items I Already Own
Items I already own that will be making it into this capsule:
- Colorful shorts and skirts! I have a neon pencil skirt (from ages ago) and bright blue one I love, and I recently purchased a pair of orange shorts from Target.
- Peplums! I have two - a blue sleeveless one from Ann Taylor and colorful pink and black one from New York & Company
- Shoes. Right now I'm eyeing a lot of shoes - the slip-on converse you see above, a pair of birkenstocks (for comfort!) and sandals to wear when I want to be cute, but not too dressy.
- I also want a colorful blazer and new chambray -- I have a dark soft chambray from Loft but I’m dying for a lighter colored one. Also love this chambray dress.
- A cute trench coat. I really the relaxed trench from Ann Taylor. It’s pretty expensive so I doubt I’ll actually buy it but I do need a lightweight coat to get me through spring.
- Birkenstocks. I want a pair so bad, but they're definitely an investment!
- A colorful purse. I love my black kate spade purse but I want a colorful bag for the spring.Purses can be pricey so I may hold off or just find one off-brand.
The hardest part about this capsule is differentiating spring and summer items and so, I might combine the season and just allow myself a few extra pieces.
Purging is also hard. SO HARD! But it's also the most important part of this process. I plan to a big purge the weekend -- it will be my third, just for this season, and pack-up and giveaway as much as I can, only leaving my very favorite stuff.
Do you have a capsule wardrobe?
Do you pack-up clothes at the end of each season?
What's your spring must-have item?