Now that I’ve done the Whole30 I want to tell everyone about it and all the foods they can eat during it! I know when people hear they’d have to cut out sugar, grains, and dairy, they automatically panic wondering what will be left to eat, but I’m here to tell you: plenty!
This list of tried and true recipes is proof! It’s delicious food that will leave you satisfied and feeling good. This list includes my favorite snacks, condiments, and recipes, as well as the favorite recipes of the girls who did the Whole30 with me — thanks ladies!
- Wholly guacamole packs
- Apple + almond/cashew/or sunbutter
- Black Kalamata olives (my fav!!!)
- Trail mix of pumpkin seeds, almonds, cashews, coconut shreds, and raisins
- That’s it bars
- Ants on a log (almond butter and raisins on celery)
- Sugar snap peas
- Sliced red or orange or yellow bell peppers
- Sliced cucumber ‘crackers’ and tuna/chicken/egg salad
- Deviled eggs
- Hard boiled eggs
- Guacamole & cut veggies
- Plantain chips (homemade or store bought)
- Homemade apple chips
- Organic spicy brown mustard (I love this on salmon!)
- French’s regular mustard
- Fresh salsa
- Cumin-flavored salad – my fav!
- Spicy brown mustard glazed salmon
- Sweet potato fries or hash
- Chicken lime burgers (Trader Joes)
- PaleOMG 5-ingredient spaghetti pizza
- PaleOMG roasted red pepper and avocado soup with chicken sausages
- Paleo Zoodles Bolognese
- Almond Chicken Fingers
- Lamb bacon burgers
- Apple & bacon stuffed sweet potatoes
- Chicken and spinach-stuffed bell peppers (Liz’s FAVE!)
- Herb-roasted fingerling potatoes (EVOO + fresh herbs + sea salt, baked in oven)
- Pumpkin-cashew curry over coconut cauliflower “rice”
- “Fried” bananas — cook slices of banana in coconut oil sprinkled with cinnamon (optional: top with coconut flakes or pour over almond butter; or both!)
- Banana chia pudding
- Organic cinnamon applesauce
- Pomegranate seeds
- Chipotle – Carnitas salad bowl with pico de gallo (tomatoes), and guacamole (Carnitas is the only meat that is compliant at Chipotle)
- Cava Mezze – Salad with chicken toppings: pickled onions, olives, cucumbers and evoo, topped with evvo and lemon
- True Food Kitchen – Bison burger “protein style” with no mayo side of sweet potato hash and kale salad (hold the parmesan)
Also, a head’s up: I’m planning to do another Whole30 in January!! Yay!!
I’d actually love to do it sooner but it’s not recommended you attempt a Whole30 over the holidays, which makes total sense to me. However, I am very much looking forward to round two in January and I’d love for you to join me! Let me know if you’re interested and I’ll make sure to include you in any discussions leading up to it!
What’s your favorite Whole30 recipes?
Would you say this list is too restrictive?